SUSHI POP WINTER PARK
LATEST DININGvisit the dining review map
Orlando Magazine| March 2019
“By spending that extra dollar,” says Dustin Fleming of Barnie's Coffee & Tea with great sincerity, “you’re increasing the total happiness scale of the entire world.” Central Florida is alive with passionate roasters who use technology, community and the world’s resources to make that perfect cuppa java.
Orlando Magazine| June 2019
Our annual guide to great cuisine, with 20 picks from Dining Critic Joseph Hayes, selections by readers in 57 categories, and four new Hall of Fame inductees.
Orlando Magazine| May, 2019
"I get inspired by color, or a dream … That’s what I do, you get inspired and you cook. We have specials every day. I’m making Spam from scratch.”
Masaharu Morimoto reflects on family, culinary philosophy, and the restaurant realm that has him on a last-name basis with fans in Orlando and around the world.
Orlando Magazine| April 2017
“I didn’t feel famous. People call me a celebrity? I’m just a chef.”
But, I say, everybody knows you.
“Yeah … amazing, huh?” he says, then erupts in laughter.
theater See more
music travel HOTELS THE ARTS LITERARY PROFILE interview travel
- Community Foundation of Jacksonville Art Ventures Fund Grant
- Two-time United Arts Professional Development Grant
- Florida Division of Cultural Affairs Individual Artist Fellowship
- Telly Award for best independent video script
- Winner: 2014 BroadwayWorld Orlando Awards
- Galati Research Grant
- "Playing by the Lake" Festival
- Awesome Foundation grant
- Five-time Florida Magazine Association "Charlie" Award winner, Writing Excellence
- Three-time Artist-in-residence, Atlantic Center for the Arts
- Alternative Programming Chair, Timucua Arts Foundation
- Founding member, GoFLA/Sunshine Plate
- Creator, 13in13
- co-founder, Burry Man Writers Center
- publisher, Spice Maven Press
- Director, The Company of Eccentric Beggars
- Creator, House Theater Project
- Pairing small-plate gems and rum concoctions for a memorable experience at Universal’s Sapphire Falls.
Winner, 2017 Florida Magazine Association "Charlie" Award for Writing Excellence