LATEST DININGvisit the dining review map
“By spending that extra dollar,” says Dustin Fleming of Barnie's Coffee & Tea with great sincerity, “you’re increasing the total happiness scale of the entire world.” Central Florida is alive with passionate roasters who use technology, community and the world’s resources to make that perfect cuppa java.
Orlando Magazine| July 2019
Our annual guide to great cuisine, with 20 picks from Dining Critic Joseph Hayes, selections by readers in 57 categories, and four new Hall of Fame inductees.
"I get inspired by color, or a dream … That’s what I do, you get inspired and you cook. We have specials every day. I’m making Spam from scratch.”
Chef José Andrés has brought the talents of his culinary team to Disney Springs. And the results—from a spread of ribeye and piquillo peppers to a half-dozen kinds of paella—are mouthwatering.
“José is passionate about Spanish food,” says chef Ramón Martínez. “He always says there are two ways to do things—good, or bad, there’s no middle."
theater & videosSee more
SUBLIME AND ANCIENT FOOD THAT HAS SURVIVED VESUVIUS' FURY
Discussions, demonstrations, pop-up kitchens and grand sit-down dinners exploring the foods of the Pompeian kitchen, as an arts and cultural partnership with the Orlando Science Center's exhibit of Pompeii: The Immortal City
music travel HOTELS THE ARTS LITERARY PROFILE interview travel
- Five-time Florida Magazine Association "Charlie" Award winner
- Alternative Programming Chair, Timucua Arts Foundation
- Producer, Pompeii's Table series in conjunction with Orlando Science Center
- Founding member, GoFLA/Sunshine Plate
- Director, The Company of Eccentric Beggars
- Creator, 13in13
- co-founder, Burry Man Writers Center
- Publisher, Spice Maven Press
- Creator, House Theater Project
- Three-time Artist-in-residence, Atlantic Center for the Arts
- Winner: Telly Award, Best Independent Video Script
- Winner: 2014 BroadwayWorld Orlando Awards
- Winner: Community Foundation of Jacksonville Art Ventures Fund Grant
- Winner: Two-time United Arts Professional Development Grant
- Winner: Florida Division of Cultural Affairs Individual Artist Fellowship
- Winner: Galati Research Grant
- Winner: Awesome Foundation grant
- Pairing small-plate gems and rum concoctions for a memorable experience at Universal’s Sapphire Falls.
Winner, 2017 Florida Magazine Association "Charlie" Award for Writing Excellence