Food adventures 2: a taste odyssey
LATEST DININGvisit the dining review map
The menu at Southern Spice spotlights Indian dishes of a region that many diners may have overlooked. Notice is hereby served.
Orlando Magazine| January 2019
The menu at the Southern Indian-focused restaurant from Sunny Corda, Orlando’s Indian food potentate with three other local restaurants, is enticing, exotic … seductive.
Orlando Magazine| February 2019
Masaharu Morimoto reflects on family, culinary philosophy, and the restaurant realm that has him on a last-name basis with fans in Orlando and around the world.
Orlando Magazine| April 2017
“I didn’t feel famous. People call me a celebrity? I’m just a chef.”
But, I say, everybody knows you.
“Yeah … amazing, huh?” he says, then erupts in laughter.
theater See more
music travel HOTELS THE ARTS LITERARY PROFILE interview travel
- Community Foundation of Jacksonville Art Ventures Fund Grant
- Two-time United Arts Professional Development Grant
- Florida Division of Cultural Affairs Individual Artist Fellowship
- Telly Award for best independent video script
- Winner: 2014 BroadwayWorld Orlando Awards
- Galati Research Grant
- "Playing by the Lake" Festival
- Awesome Foundation grant
- Four-time Florida Magazine Association "Charlie" Award winner, Writing Excellence
- Three-time Artist-in-residence, Atlantic Center for the Arts
- Alternative Programming Chair, Timucua Arts Foundation
- Founding member, GoFLA/Sunshine Plate
- Creator, 13in13
- co-founder, Burry Man Writers Center
- publisher, Spice Maven Press
- Director, The Company of Eccentric Beggars
- Creator, House Theater Project
- Pairing small-plate gems and rum concoctions for a memorable experience at Universal’s Sapphire Falls.
Winner, 2017 Florida Magazine Association "Charlie" Award for Writing Excellence