A full-time freelance writer since 1996, I have written for national and international publications about food, travel and the arts, and am currently the Dining Critic for Orlando Magazine. I has won three Florida Magazine Association "Charlie" Awards for my food writing.
Food and Restaurant writer:
Florida Magazine Association Award-winning food writer and Orlando restaurant critic. James Beard Foundation member, trained chef, and avid advocate of good wine. Founding member, goFLA/SunshinePlate Central Florida; master of ceremonies for goFLA's public launching event of the Sunshine Plate manifesto with guest chef Norman Van Aken in 2014.
- Orlando Magazine 2009-present; 1998-2000
- Florida Magazine Association Award winner 2011, 2016, 2017
- Orlando Weekly 2000-2004
plus:Aviation International News; Detroit Metro Times; DRAFT Magazine; Edmonton VUE Weekly; Florida Hospital Publishing; Lighting Homestyle; Orlando Dining Out; Rosen Reveal Magazine; Tampa Weekly Planet; Where Guestbook
As a writer on assignment, I've traveled to Italy, Scotland, England, New Orleans, California and New York City. I've become a go-to writer for all things Orlando. I'm available for location and pure research pieces on a wide variety of angles.
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Walt Disney World Resort & Orlando 2005-2015; EWTG Florida 2012; Eyewitness Top 10 Orlando 2010-2014; EWTG Family Guide to Florida 2013
- Fodor's Travel Guides Walt Disney World 2011, 2015, 2016, 2018; Fodor's Florida 2011, 2018; Fodor's USA 2015, 2017
- The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2017 (AdventureKEEN Publishers)
- The Orlando Citybook, Greater Orlando Chamber of Commerce
- New to Central Florida, SunTrust Bank
plus: Aging With Style; AirTran Go Magazine; Follow the Rabbit; Industry Magazine; Moments Aboard Spirit Airlines; Orlando Guestbook; Orlando Sentinel; St. Augustine Visitors and Convention Bureau; TimeTravel-Britain.com; Venture Woman; VisitFlorida.com; TripMatcher.com; Where Traveler
Features & Entertainment:
Whether a story about Arts & Crafts houses in Florida or new styles in computers, a Mounted Police squad or alien abduction insurance, I've done it. Environmental issues, music, movie and theater reviews and in-depth conversations with legends in jazz. Interviews and personality profiles are my specialty.
- AlterNet; Barnes&Noble.com; Body; Brenau Window; Digital City; Edible Orlando; Fiction Writers Connection; Florida Realtor; Inscriptions Magazine; January Magazine; The Jerusalem Report; M Magazine; MaximumPC; Millenia Magazine; National Business Aviation Association; Orlando Sentinel; Orlando Weekly; Orlando Magazine; Poets & Writers; Style 1900; savvyHEALTH; Signature Magazine; Songlines UK; Valencia College Vitae Magazine; Winter Park Magazine; Writer's Journal
Staff writing jobs are a continuing part of my freelance career. I am available for contract work and ongoing assignments.
- AOL CityGuide; Florida Association of Realtors; iUniverse; Netsurfer Digest; Orlando Magazine; Orlando Sentinel; Venture Woman Magazine
Fast, clean and appealing ad copy for print, online and collateral, for a diverse range of clients from real estate and state tourism bureaus to industrial security companies and shopping malls.
- The Boardwalk Group; Casco Media Corp; Florida Association of Realtors; HOUR Media; Miles Media Group; Triplehop Technologies; Walz Tetrick Advertising
Social networking and marketing:
- Co-owner of The Burry Man Writers Center, an award-winning worldwide community of writers.
- Co-founder of Inked-In, the social network for creative artists
- Founder, tINKer, a social network for teen writers
- Publisher, Spice Maven Press
Jazz On Edge showcase for new and original works by jazz musicians
The House Theater Project live original theater in unusual spaces before an in-person and Internet audience
13in13 year-long arts project
The Company of Eccentric Beggars
Alternative Programming Chair, Timucua Arts Foundation
Founding member, Greater Orlando Food Leaders Alliance/Sunshine Plate
Associate Writer in Residence, Atlantic Center for the Arts: 1997, 2000, 2007
20 years experience in the business side of publishing
Audio, video and camera tech for theater, television and radio
Corporate sales trainer for high-end consumer electronics
Editing, marketing and PR services available through my partner, Jennifer Greenhill-Taylor